Monday, August 22, 2011

Cruisin!

So yesterday I mentioned visiting New York. But that wasn't the end of our vacation. After a whirlwind trip to the Big Apple, we boarded a cruise ship in Brooklyn and cruised up the Atlantic Coast to Canada and New England. We visited Prince Edward Island, a place where I have wanted to go ever since I read Anne of Green Gables, Nova Scotia, Maine, Boston, and Rhode Island. But our first full day on the ship was a day "at sea" where we just cruised along the water and relaxed. One of the activities available that day was cardmaking, so my sister and I decided to check it out! It was definitely a limited-supply challenge! Everyone who participated got a prepared packet of two card bases plus some other sheets of patterned paper and cardstock already cut, along with buttons, bling, flowers and ribbon, as well as an idea sheet. They had a few boxes of stamps and pads and scissors, but the supplies were in really bad shape, so we had to make the best of things. The cards above are the two I made. I had to trim the ribbon when I got home because the scissors on board just would not cut. I think they turned out pretty cute!
Here's my sister holding up one of her cards on board the ship. They had the cardmaking in one of the nice sit-down restaurants, and they had left the lovely white tablecloths on the tables. And we had no scratch paper or anything to protect them. I'm amazed we didn't make a bigger mess! The other ladies - I think it was all ladies! - who were making cards were all very nice and friendly, proving once again that crafty people are some of the nicest!
Supplies:
Unknown!

No comments: