Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Big Apple

I took a little summer vacation from the blog while I was traveling this summer. A few weeks ago, I met my mom and sister in New York. We're West Coasters, and it was our first trip to the Big Apple. We were only in New York for a couple of days, but we had so much fun. We hit all the highlights - Statue of Liberty, Billy Elliot on Broadway, the top of the Rockefeller Center, Central Park, the Today Show and more! We also squeezed in a visit to The Ink Pad, the only stamp store in Manhattan that I could find. Fortunately, it was conveniently located right next to a subway stop on the line between Battery Park and our hotel. So after a very hot, humid visit to the Statue of Liberty, we stopped by. The store owners were kind enough to take our photo outside. We picked up a copy of Paper Crafts while we were there, too.
I did manage to spend a little money at the shop, too! I picked up these great New York stamps from Yellow Owl Studio, as well as some fun New York charms, including hte little Chrysler building image. When I got home, I put them to use on this card I sent to my friend who lives in New York and took us to see some of the sights while we were there. The card was also made for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on Splitcoaststampers. The challenges were a fun stamping event specifically for members of the SCS Fan Club. So fun!
Supplies:
Stamps: Yellow Owl Studio, TE sentiment
Ink: Basic gray, yoyo yellow (SU)
Paper: basic gray, neenah white, DCWV golden yellow, Echo Park Be Mine and Summer Days dp
Accessories: charm, ribbon, nestabilities, pearls


No comments: