Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shells for Mom


I made this card for my mom for her birthday. Her birthday was the other day, and hopefully her card has arrived already and she's not seeing it here first! My mom loves the beach and beachcombing for treasures, so these stamps are just perfect for her. The real shells under the card are a few we found on the beach a few weeks ago while she is visiting. I pulled them out to use as inspiration when I was coloring the shells along the bottom. Once I had colored the strip of shells, I struggled with the layout of the card, but I'm pretty happy with the final version!
Supplies:
Stamps: Gifts from the Sea, Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaisercraft amethyst, Copic markers
Paper: bazzill, basic gray from SU, choice snow white
Accessories: Kaisercraft pearls, SU basic gray taffeta ribbon

No comments: