Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friendosaurus

One of the fun things about hosting a challenge for Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoast is the chance to hang out "behind the scenes" with the other hostesses. This round, we had a secret sister swap and I was so lucky to receive this package from my secret sister, Theresa Momber! She also sent some sweet treats, but they were opened before I could even get this photo snapped! :) Theresa sent me stamps, ribbon and this beautiful tag. The Dino stamps are a set she designed for Gina K Designs - so cool!
I figured I ought to use my new stamps for Theresa's VSN challenge. She offered up the song lyrics to "Wild Thing" and asked us to take inspiration from the lyrics. Dinosaurs are wild, aren't they? The dino is colored with Copics and the rest is pretty simple. I hand-cut the pennant piece, then cuttlebugged the olive layer for some texture.
All the VSN challenges are posted now and you can find them HERE. There's plenty of time to play; the upload deadline isn't until Monday evening!

Supplies:
Stamps: Dino-mite, Theresea Momber for Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: kraft, old olive, basic black
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, button, linen thread