Monday, November 8, 2010

Punched pumpkin

This little 4.25-inch square card was for another of the Hope challenges. The challenge was to make your own embellishment of some kind for your card, from creating a flower to coloring a ribbon. I decided to make a pumpkin using punches! I'm sure I saw this idea somewhere before, but I can't recall where. I used my scallop circle punch, folded each piece in half and glued them together to make a half-sphere. I added some ink to the edges of the pumpkin for a little more definition. I also punched a leaf from patterned paper. I've had autumn on the brain lately, so I used it for a Thanksgiving card. Most of the supplies for this card came from the October Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Paper: Bazzill, choice buttercream, Apple Cider DP from Imaginisce
Accessories: scallop circle punch, leaf punch (Creative Memories), nestabilities

No comments: