Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shimmery Pink Dahlia

Are you all getting tired of pink yet? :) I'm making lots of pink cards this month for the Splitcoast Card Drive for the MD Anderson Cancer Center. I made this card for Bev's Hope You Can Cling to Challenge, which was to use flowers, preferably flowers you made yourself. I made a layered blossom using shimmer couture papers from A muse. These papers are so shimmery and elegant! Unfortunately, it also makes them hard to photograph. I swear the background paper is white, even though it looks bluish! I worked the edges of the flower layers a bit to give the bloom some dimension. A few pearls and a sentiment finished it off. The card measures 4.25 inches square.
Supplies:
Stamps: Amuse
Ink: Pretty in pink
Paper: Amuse shimmer couture pink and pink damask; whisper white, pretty in pink
Accessories: Dahlia nestabilities, Kaisercraft pearls, corner rounder, organdy ribbon

No comments: