Saturday, October 9, 2010

Res-Q 65: Scrubbed inspiration

Hey everybody! Happy Saturday. Can you believe it's October already? Time is flying by these days. I'm excited to be stamping again after a self-imposed hiatus for a few weeks. And I've been enjoying some challenges again, too! Challenges are such a great kick-start for creativity. That brings me to today's card. It's a combination of two challenges. First, the colors and papers were inspired by the current Res-Q Challenge. Denise issued an inspiration challenge using a picture of some fun hospital scrubs with cancer ribbons on them. Be sure to check out the challenge and play along if you can. Denise is giving away a super cool prize to one lucky player and the deadline is Oct. 15! When I saw the inspiration image, I immediately thought of this My Mind's Eye paper in my stash. It's from the Mademoiselle collection from a few years back. The card is also for Kelly's Hope You Can Cling to Challenge on Splitcoast. The hope challenges are part of a month-long card drive for the MD Anderson Cancer Center. I chose a teal ribbon for this card because it matched the paper and more importantly because it is the color of the cancer my sister was diagnosed with last year. Kelly's challenge called for four layers and four different embellishments, so I used flowers, buttons, twine and ribbon as my embellies.
Supplies:
Stamps: Sarasota stamp ribbon
Ink: Taken with teal
Paper: My Mind's Eye Mademoiselle collection
Accessories: Nestabilities, Prima flowers, buttons, twine, organdy ribbon

1 comment:

Denise said...

Just beautiful Michelle! I love that DP! Thanks so much for playing along!