Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hope in bloom

This is my card for Sara's Borrowed challenge for the Hope You Can Cling To card drive on Splitcoast. She asked to "borrow" an idea for our card and also use a cancer ribbon color as inspiration.
I had just favorited this card by Dawn Olchefske: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1814864 So I used it as my borrowed. I used her technique for embossing on acetate. I embossed a piece of acetate in my Cuttlebug then sanded the raised pieces. This is a really fun technique and the effect is fabulous! I chose the lime - lymphoma - cancer ribbon as my color inspiration, pairing it with turquoise and these fun Prima blooms.
Supplies:
Stamps: All Year Cheer (SU)
Ink: Tempting turquoise
Paper: tempting turquoise certainly celery, whisper white, acetate
Accessories: Primas Cuttlebug, ribbon

No comments: