Monday, September 6, 2010

TLC288 cardboard

I found Joan Ervin's SCS technique lovers' challenge from last week so inspiring! I couldn't wait to give it a try. I cut out the flowers with my dahlia nestabilities and an old cardboard box, then misted them with berry smooch spritz and iridescent gold glimmer mist. I set them aside to dry and it took a week for me to get back to them! I finally finished the card up this weekend.
After I made the flowers, I spotted the latest issue of Real Simple magazine in the grocery store and thought the colors on the cover (you can see a small version just to the left of the card) would make a fabulous color combination to go with my flowers. After I stamped the images and sentiment, I futzed and futzed with the flower placement, but I'm pretty happy with the final version!
Supplies:
Stamps TPC Studios
Ink: aged mahogany (Ranger distress), night of navy (SU)
Paper: GKD Wine with everything, night of navy, very vanilla
Accessories: dahlia nestabilities, glimmer mist in iridescent gold, smooch spritz in wineberry

No comments: