Thursday, August 19, 2010

NY Plaid

Hi all! Happy Friday! I am so excited for the weekend. My BFF and her family are coming visit starting Sunday, and I'll be hooking up with them for some Disneyland and beach time - two of my favorite things! Fortunately I have a stash of stamped cards just waiting to be shared here!
This card was for the recent technique lovers' challenge on Splitcoast. Joan Ervin had a fun tutorial for making your own plaid designs on solid stamps. I had fun trying different ink combinatins, then finally settled on certainly celery, bermuda bay and tempting turquoise for this row of houses image from Hero Arts. The card also fits my pal Denise's New York City hometown challenge. She asked us to use yellow, something new or crazy (I went with Joan's technique), something elegant or classy (organdy ribbon) and something vintage or old. For that, I dipped into my stash and pulled out an ancient ribbon slide from Making Memories. I couldn't figure out what sentiment to use on this card, so I left it blank!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: certainly celery, bermuda bay, tempting turquoise
Paper: Yoyo yellow, bermuda bay, certainly celery, neenah white, Cosmo Cricket Delovely dp
Accessories: ribbon, ribbon slide

No comments: