Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Little black dress

A few days ago, Gina K Designs had its July release party over on StampTV. Along with the party, there were a few challenges and contests you could play in for chances to win stamp sets. My pal Lee issued a color challenge for the event. She made it a tough one -black and white! Of course I had to use Gina K stamps on my card, so I pulled out my favorite set, Retro Boutique. I paper-pieced the dress using Amuse Shimmer Couture black damask cardstock. The black is also Shimmer Couture - it is so pretty and shimmery in real life. I finished the card with some ribbon and some bling, because Lee loves her bling! I love how elegant the finished card looks. And guess what? I won the challenge! Woohoo! I have new stamp set all picked out - I can't wait til it gets here so I can start playing some more! Thanks Gina and Co.!
Supplies:
Stamps: Retro boutique by Rupa Shevde for Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Paper: Neenah white, Amuse shimmer couture black and black damask
Accessories: Nestabilities, rhinestones and pearls, ribbon

No comments: