Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dahlia birthday

This might be my favorite card of all the ones I've made so far for the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges over on SCS. I don't think I've stamped this much at one time in ages! I still have quite a few to go, so I will be busy all weekend, I think! This card was for Tiffany's challenge. We're supposed to keep the specifics of each challenge to ourselves, but I can tell you that her challenge was a tough one until I remembered these dahlia dies I'd picked up awhile back. I used the largest die to make the card base, and the next one down for the patterned layer. Don't you just love these bright, fun colors? I think this card will go to my soon-to-be five-year-old niece, since her birthday is approaching soon! The tiny cupcake has spica glitter pen over it for a little more sparkle, but the rest of the card is pretty simple.
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Everything, Short and Sweet (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: Melon mambo, Cosmo Cricket Delovely, neenah white
Accessories: Nestabilities dahlia dies, petaloo flowers, spica glitter pen, ribbon

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

Karen H. said...

This is very cool. Love that shape. All my nesties are the boring kind, lol...I may have to think about getting the flower dies just so I can make shaped cards!