Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dahlia birthday

This might be my favorite card of all the ones I've made so far for the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges over on SCS. I don't think I've stamped this much at one time in ages! I still have quite a few to go, so I will be busy all weekend, I think! This card was for Tiffany's challenge. We're supposed to keep the specifics of each challenge to ourselves, but I can tell you that her challenge was a tough one until I remembered these dahlia dies I'd picked up awhile back. I used the largest die to make the card base, and the next one down for the patterned layer. Don't you just love these bright, fun colors? I think this card will go to my soon-to-be five-year-old niece, since her birthday is approaching soon! The tiny cupcake has spica glitter pen over it for a little more sparkle, but the rest of the card is pretty simple.
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Everything, Short and Sweet (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: Melon mambo, Cosmo Cricket Delovely, neenah white
Accessories: Nestabilities dahlia dies, petaloo flowers, spica glitter pen, ribbon

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

This is very cool. Love that shape. All my nesties are the boring kind, lol...I may have to think about getting the flower dies just so I can make shaped cards!