Monday, May 31, 2010

Red, white and blue

Happy Memorial Day everyone! A big thank you to all the servicemen and women who are serving our country and to those who've given their lives for the cause.
I haven't had a chance to do much celebrating; I've been holed up at home most of the weekend with a miserable spring cold. I haven't had one in ages, so I guess I was due, but man, it really ruins a holiday weekend! I haven't felt like doing much at all, but I have felt like stamping! I made a bunch of cards over the weekend and will hopefully be sharing them over the next few days.
This card is for two challenges, a VSN challenge to use flowers on your card and this week's Res-Q Challenge, where Denise asked us to make a red, white and blue birthday card. This card was loosely inspired by two others I've made; one used this layout but was vertical. The other used this image, paper and color combination! I liked those cards, and I like this one a lot, too! The main image panel was stamped with bashful blue ink, then I did a second-generation stamp slightly to the right for a shadow effect. The panel looked a little flat to me, so I spritzed it with some Smooch spritz for some sparkle. I like the added touch. I finished the card off with a Heidi Swapp ghost flower and a bit of red satin ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great day!
Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, SU
Ink: Bashful blue, real red
Paper: real red, whisper white, Washington Apple Dp
Accessories: Nestabilities, smooch spritz, ghost flower, ribbon

No comments: