Sunday, January 31, 2010

VSN Opening ceremony

Saturday night there was a mini Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoast. This round of VSN is all about the Olympics, so this one was called the opening ceremony! I am finally catching up from my busy weekend at the CHA Super Show last weekend and had some time to stamp for fun - and to get busy on my list of cards that need making :) ! The first card was for Carole's slalom challenge, which called for using "S" or wavy shapes or lines, using the kissing technique and using pink!
I pulled out my ancient Creative Memories wavy cutter to make the wave along the top, then kissed the heart from SU's Good things set to the large rose from SU's Fifth Avenue Floral - loved this look! I also used the Manhattan flower embossing folder to add some texture to the background.
This card was for Adelle's challenge to use red, white and felt to represent the mittens being worn during the torch relay across Canada. I had this red felt flower border from Queen and Co. in my stash and decided to put it to work! With a few circle punches and a stamp from SU's Riveting, this one was fast and turned out pretty fun!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Good Things, Riveting
Ink: melon mambo, pink pirouette, real red
Paper: Melon mambo, pink pirouette, whisper white, basic black, real red
Accessories: Wavy cutter, embossing folder, ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls, Queen and Co. felt, circle punches

No comments: