Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting out of a slump

I have been in a terrible stamping slump lately! I've had no mojo and no motivation. :( I organized all my stamping stuff and I've even been shopping a bit to try to snap myself out of it, to no avail. But I do work pretty well under a deadline, so I sat down last night and forced myself to stamp a bit so I could get this card made and in the mail. It's not my favorite ever, but it's a start! I was inspired by this lovely PTI ribbon I recycled from an old RAK I had received in the mail and by the Dahlie Nestabilities dies I found at JoAnn's. Gotta love the price of the Nesties there - I used my 50 percent off coupon to get them, and didn't have to pay any shipping charges, either! I just hope they get some more stock. They were almost sold out!
The rest of the card is pretty straightforward - the second pale aqua layer is from a scalloped, textured piece of cardstock from my stash. And there are stickles on the cupcake cherries.
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Stamps: Darling Dots, Short and Sweet (SU)
Ink: Melon mambo, pink pirhouette, bermuda bay
Paper: textured CS unknown, Melon mambo, bermuda bay, pink pirhouette, neenah white
Accessories: Nestabilities Dahlia dies, circle cutter, MAMBI bling, PTI ribbon, Stickles

No comments: