Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shades of blue Christmas

I made a series of monochromatic blue Christmas cards this year using this super cool Elvis stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms and the terrific coordinating sentiment from Stampendous. I kept the cards simple this year in hopes of getting them all in the mail on a decent schedule, and it worked! I was at the post office dropping them off on Monday! The first card uses brilliant blue ink and paper from Stampin Up along with some fantastic buttons and ribbon I picked up at a local stamp/scrap store. Sadly, the store is going out of business. :(
The second and third cards use a combination of night of navy ink and navy and ballet blue papers. I changed up the layouts a bit for some variety. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get bored making the same card over and over!
The only major difference on this last card is the Kaisercraft pearls. I have quite a few packages of these pearls and rhinestones, but I didn't have quite the right shade for this card, so I took some white pearls and colored them with my Copic markers. It worked out quite well!
That's all of my Elvis cards for the year. Thanks, as always, for stopping by!
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms, Stampendous
Ink: brilliant blue, night of navy
Paper: neenah white, brilliant blue, night of navy, ballet blue
Accessories: buttons, May Arts ribbon, misc. gingham ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls

1 comment:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

All versions are gorgeous! I especially love the ones with the darker blue inks . . . a touch of elegance to the King of Rock and Roll. Fabulous, my friend! Great job getting those in the mail - another lesson I should learn from you. LOL