Sunday, November 29, 2009

Paris tile

This is another card I made for the recent Virtual Stamp Night at Splitcoast. The challenge was to use the tile wall technique, but on an angle to make a diamond or harlequin pattern. This was a fun technique! I stamped a Tim Holtz image on patterned paper, then cut it into squares on the diagonal. I sponged the edges of the squares with antique linen distress ink to make them stand out a bit. I layered the image on another piece of patterned paper and then mounted it all on a black card base with a layer of shimmery vanilla. I added some black satin ribbon the sides for a finishing touch.
Supplies:
Stamps: Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, antique linen distress
Paper: basic black, shimmery white, Me and My Big Ideas patterned paper
Accessories: horizontal slot punch, ribbon, ticket punch

No comments: