Sunday, November 15, 2009

Going to the chapel ....

A coworker is getting married this evening - a 6 p.m. Sunday evening wedding, which is causing me much consternation. I don't know what to wear or how long I can comfortably stay at the reception and still make it to work on time tomorrow! I know I'll have to hold my self to a single glass of champagne. ;) The good thing about an evening wedding is that I have most of the day to figure out the wardrobe and get ready.
The wedding is being held at a photograph y museum, and the wedding and the couple are both what I'd call non-traditional! For their card, I decided to use the wedding invitation - seen peeking from behind the card - as my inspiration. It was also a good chance to break out the Amuse shimmer couture papers I won in a blog candy contest last month. The papers are so shimmery, they really add pizazz that I thought would work well for a wedding card. They also came in colors very similar to those used on the invitation. I kept the layout and design simple, embossing the main panel with the Manhattan flower folder, adding a sentiment from Hero Arts and finishing the card with some black satin ribbon and a sparkly rhinestone buckle I've been hoarding. I thought about adding some additional bling, but then thought better of it. I think this suits the bridge and groom.
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts sentiment
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Paper: Amuse shimmer couture
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Manhattan flower folder, ribbon, rhinestone clip

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is so elegant -- love it