Monday, November 2, 2009

Circle time

I'm taking some time away from the stamp table for a long weekend off. My mom's visiting and we're heading to do some sightseeing and maybe some shopping in San Diego! We might even hit some stamp/scrap stores and pick up some new goodies to play with. My mom's not a stamper, but she is a scrapbooker so I always try to take her to an LSS or two while she's in town. I think we'll hit some new stores this visit.
Now on to the card. I made this a few weeks ago for my friend's son who was turning 7. I struggle with masculine/boy cards, but I know this particular kid likes circles and bright colors, so I went with a geometric circle theme. The open circle stamp is from the SU set Riveting. The star circle is from SU's Starring You. I'm not sure about the layout, but I was trying to fix a little boo boo and that dictated the placement of things!
Supplies:
Stamps: Riveting, Starring You
Ink: Brilliant blue, tempting turquoise, green galore
Paper: brilliant blue, tempting turquoise, gable green, whisper white
Accessories: Cuttlebug, circle punches, corner rounder, brads

2 comments:

Lee said...

That is so fun and just perfect for a boy!!

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- love those colors!!