Saturday, September 5, 2009

Inspired by France!

Some SCS friends and I have been on a virtual vacation all summer, complete with challenges inspired by our "stops!" Denise/resqbarbie took us on a tour of France and asked us to make a recipe card featuring a recipe inspired by our travels! I had to go with wine, French bread and cheese! I love brie on crusty French bread or crackers, and warm brie in phyllo is just heavenly! So I paired this recipe with my wine glass stamp to capture France. The sentiment on the wine glass charm says "sante!" which I'm pretty sure is the French equivalent of cheers! The recipe is only attached to the card by the little paperclip so the recipient can easily remove it! The card measures 5.5 inches square - I had to make it large enough to accommodate the recipe card.
Supplies:
Stamps: A charmed life, Gina K
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: pretty in pink, pomegranate, bashful blue, neenah classic white, Basic Grey Euphoria
Accessories: ribbon, clip

2 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Ahhhh . . . France . . . once of the most beautiful places in the world. Sipping wine in an outdoor cafe, and enjoying all the beautiful sights. Your card captures that so well, Mish. And I have been looking for that Brie recipe for forever!! I'll be printing this puppy out for my recipe file! Thanks for sharing - hope you're doing well!! Hugs!

Jessica said...

Very original!!! It captures the theme very well :)