Sunday, September 6, 2009

Birthday bash!

It's Taylored Expressions' first birthday and Taylor and her designers are hosting a great bash this weekend, complete with lots of fun challenges and prizes! I don't have any of Taylor's stamps yet, but I do have a wish-list going! I decided to play along in some of the challenges to see if I could win a gift certificate and do some shopping in her store! I combined a few challenges on these two cards. The first card combines Laura's sketch (challenge #6) with Laurie's challenge to distress (#11). I used Basic Grey Dasher paper, which has a distressed look to it, and then roughed up the edges of all my layers and sponged Memento rich cocoa around the edges.
The second card combines Karen M's sketch (challenge #2) with Donna's challenge to use paper-piecing (#3). A cupcake image seemed fitting for the party so I started with this Whipper Snapper image and paper-pieced the wrapper using retired Berry bliss dp. I colored the image with Copics and added a little glitter with my Spica clear glitter pen.
Supplies:
Stamps: Peaceful wishes tree, Savvy stamps sentiment, Whipper Snapper Cupcake
Ink: Old olive, Memento chocolate chip, Copic markers
Paper: old olive, baja breeze, whisper white, Dasher, pomegranate, close to cocoa, Neenah white, Berry bliss DP
Accessories: ribbon, pearls, EK Success punch, sponges, Tim Holtz distresser, Nestabilities, corner rounder

4 comments:

Heather P. said...

These are both totally fantastic! Love the colors! :)

Donna Baker said...

both of your cards are wonderful! so glad you played - good luck!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful! Your image is just perfect for the sketch and is complimented by your paper and colour choices! Thanks for playing along!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

OH, I LOVE your card!!! The paper distressing (so clever of you to use distressed looking patterned paper as well :-) is to die for!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!