Saturday, July 11, 2009

Going Greek!

Some SCS friends are taking a Virtual Vacation this summer, complete with challenges! You can join us and play along here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=445307
Our second stop was in Greece, so Jean/naturecoastcrafter asked us to use our "souvenirs" for inspiration. I used gold and pottery as my inspiration - the stamps reminded me of the geometric patterns found in Greek pottery. I used the stamps to make a background paper, then misted the whole thing with gold Glimmer mist. It's hard to see in the photo but adds a little touch of sparkle in real life. I also added some dots of gold with my Spica gold glitter pen. My posting will be sporadic the next few weeks as I'm planning the next leg of the virtual vacation and getting ready for a real one! One week from today I'll be on a cruise ship, headed to Alaska!
Supplies:
Stamps: Polka dot punches, all holidays
Ink: brilliant blue
Paper: brilliant blue, whisper white, brushed gold
Accessories: ribbon, spica glitter pen, Glimmer mist

No comments: