Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday apple

Am I the only one who struggles to come up with titles for my blog posts? Sometime the card screams a title, and other times, like today, not so much! The next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for me, so I am trying to get ahead on my cardmaking by working on April birthday cards. I am also ready for spring, so I've been turning to my spring color combinations quite a bit lately! Today's card is for Jen del Muro's weekly "Sketch for you to try" challenge. You can find the details HERE!
I pulled out some Washington Apple designer paper (love that stuff!) and paired it with a Tim Holtz flower stamp and the sentiment from Happy Everything by SU. I limited the embellishment since this card will go in the mail. I inked the flower stem in celery and the blooms in saffron, then rolled the edges of the blooms in pumpkin. I stamped an extra bloom, used some circle punches to cut it out, and layered it with a dimensional for a little extra oomph.
Supplies:
Stamps: Tim Holtz, Happy Everything from SU
Ink: saffron, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, celery
Paper: bashful blue, neenah classic crest white, Washington Apple dsp
Accessories: CM circle punches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Michelle. I love the bright cherry colors. Great job with that sketch too!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Just adorable, Mish!! Love the image and that yummy DP!! I just remembered today that I said I'd send you some of those Magenta bunny images - I'll try to get that done tomorrow. I'm so sorry for being such a slacker friend. Hopefully you'll forgive me!! Hugs!