Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun folds with Euphoria

I have a few more dirty dare cards to share - I made 14 in all, and this isn't the end of them! Today's cards are non-traditional sizes. The first is a 6 by 3.25 check-sized card. I love this size, it is easier to work with than the larger long business envelope size. Amy challenged us to make this size card and use something clear on it. For my clear element, I chose a Heidi Swapp ghost flower - love them! But I didn't keep it plain, I inked it in some Colorbox pigment ink, dipped it in Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and embossed it for some color and sparkle. It's still see-through, but has a little more pizazz this way. Colors were inspired once again by the Basic Grey Euphoria paper, which I just can't get enough of!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers
Ink: Pretty in pink, Colorbox orchid
Paper: Orchid, celery, cool Caribbean, Neenah classic crest solar white, pixie pink, Euphoria Basic Grey
Accessories: ribbon, Heidi Swapp ghost flower, embossing powder, rhinestone brad

The second of today's cards is a new fold for me - Rose Ann challenged us to make a flap card. This card is about 3.5 by 5 inches, and the celery base includes a curved flap. You can find a full tutorial by Rose Ann on SCS. I started with a gable green base, added some Euphoria paper and used my Nestabilities for the focal image.
Supplies:
Stamps: Simply said
Ink: Memento black, Copics
Paper: gable green, pretty in pink, Neenah classic crest white, Euphoria
Accessories: Ribbon, CM circle cutter (for flap), Nestabilities

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Michelle, both cards are adorable and i've been wanting to try the "Rose Ann" ... just gorgeous!

Lee said...

Oh wow!! These are so soft and pretty! I love that Flap Card and the way you turned it on it's side.........how awesome!!