Sunday, August 17, 2008

Channeling Tim Holtz

I have been stamping quite a bit the last couple of days, but I can't share any of it yet! I'm getting ready for the big Virtual Stamp Night weekend Friday and Saturday. I am hosting a challenge Friday night and will be participating in the others. There are some really fun challenges, all revolving around our theme of books. You can find out all the details HERE. Hope you can join us.
In the meantime, my Tim Holtz Nature's Discoveries stamp set arrived a couple of weeks ago and I just had to put it to use on a card! I fell in love with this set while watching Tim demonstrate with it at the Carson stamp show last month. I used alcohol ink for the background, swiping the alcohol applicator horizontally across the glossy paper. I also added a dab of Perfect Pearls to the butterfly's wings for a little shimmer. The sentiment is stamped in Ranger distress mahogany and embossed. It was my first use of the mahogany, which is redder than I expected, but it still works.
Supplies:
Stamps: Nature's Discoveries, Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Memento Rich cocoa, Mahogany Distress, misc. blue for the butterfly
Paper: Old olive, tempting turquoise, glossy white
Accessories: alcohol inks, ribbon, embossing powder

1 comment:

Lee said...

Wow Michelle!! This is sooo amazing!! I've never tried Tim Holtz looks yet.......but I'm sure lovin' it!!!! Can't wait for VSN!!!!