Sunday, July 6, 2008

My biggest challenge

My biggest card-making challenge is masculine cards! Especially masculine birthday cards! I think part of the problem is that I just don't own a lot of masculine stamps. And that ribbon is sort of taboo on men's cards! Ribbon and glitter are my cardmaking staples, and without them, I struggle! Still, I needed to make a card for my cousin's birthday, so here's what I came up with. I used kraft cardstock, twine and some sponging on the Cuttlebugged background for this card. I also used my Spica gold glitter pen to add some sheen to the candles - it's a little more subtle than Stickles or other glitter and worked well for this masculine card, I think. So tell me, what's your biggest card-making challenge?
Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday whimsy
Ink: night of navy, always artichoke
Paper: kraft, night of navy, artichoke
Accessories: twine, Cuttlebug die and embossing folder, Spica pen, sponge

No comments: