Monday, July 28, 2008

More dirty dares

I managed to finish all 20 of the Dirty Dare challenges for the Splitcoast Fan Club! I was a stamping machine over the weekend. I combined six challenges in three cards, so I in all I have 14 cards complete. My card stash is nice and full now, which is a nice feeling! The first card was for Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge. Sharon always uses such wonderful ribbons and embellishments to make her cards look elegant and sophisticated. That's what I tried to do here.
Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt thanks
Paper: Old olive, mellow moss, vanilla, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, mellow moss, old olive
Accessories: ribbon, Kaiser Craft pearls, CM oval cutters, pre-punched scallop oval

This card combined two challenges, Laura's distressing challenge and Christine's watercoloring challenge. I'm not a very good watercolorist, but I thought this image turned out pretty cute! or the distressing, I used my Tonic distresser on the edges of the layers, and sponged the saffron background layer. I also tore the designer paper and sponged that edge.
Supplies:
Stamps: Friends are like flowers
Ink: Stazon black, ruby red, saffron, bordering blue, hunter
Paper: Ruby red, saffron, watercolor, My Mind's Eye DP
Accessories: hardware, ribbons, tearing edge

3 comments:

Lee said...

Wow Michelle!!! I love that card you made for the stamp simply!! The pearls are so elegant with the dp and gorgeous image!!!!

Catherine said...

very pretty!

~ j said...

These two cards are stunning! I love the color choices you've made and your water coloring is beautiful!