Sunday, July 27, 2008

The last of mini VSN

Today I'm sharing the last two cards I made for the mini Virtual Stamp Night this weekend. You can find out all about VSN HERE. The challenges are open through Aug. 8 and we'd love to have you join us for them. My first card is for JoAnn's challenge, based on the Shel Silverstein poem "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out." She challenged us to use only the things left on our stamp table to make our cards. Fortunately, I had quite a pile of scraps growing on my table; unfortunately, I didn't have much in the way of ink. I was limited to black stazon and four reinkers. So I flipped through the scraps and pulled out paper that went with my reinkers. I started by stamping the bloom in stazon and watercoloring it using pretty in pink and pomegranate reinkers, but I didn't like how it looked. So I did a pale pink watercolor wash over the top, then stamped the image again using pomegranate while the paper was still wet. I think it turned out pretty cool!
Supplies:
Stamps: Embrace Life, Amuse sentiment
Ink: Stazon black, pomegranate, pretty in pink
Paper: Basic gray, neenah classic crest white, pretty in pink, pomegranate, basic grey pink patterned paper
Accessories: ribbon, brads

The final challenge card is a surprise pop-up. Karolyn challenged us to use this technique, a challenge inspired by one of her kids' favorite childhood books. I had never made one of these before and found it to be a real challenge! I think the final card looks pretty cute, though!
Supplies:
Stamps: One of a kind
Ink: pretty in pink, pomegranate, chocolate chip
Paper: berry bliss, cocoa, pomegranate, pretty in pink, neenah classic crest white
Accessories: Nesties, CM circle cutter, ribbon, round tab punch

1 comment:

Lee said...

I've never tried coloring with re-inkers......your card is stunning!!! The layout shows off such gorgeous coloring!!! And those pop ups are so fun to make....I love your color combo and "sweet" image!!