Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sketch + inspiration + tag

It's been a long and exhausting week here, so I didn't get much stamping in. By last night, I was itching to get back to my table, and I have a growing list of cards that need to be made. Fortunately for me, the inspiration challenge had been posted on SCS. It was a lovely bedroom ensemble, with lots of soft color and a splash of bright pink. The bedroom inspired the colors and the panels of this card, and the remainder of the sketch was inspired by Taylored Expressions' weekly sketch challenge.
Supplies:
Stamps: Embrace life, lots of thoughts
Ink: basic gray
Paper: Soft sky, going gray, pixie pink, neenah classic crest solar white
Accessories: May Arts ribbon, scallop punch, CM circle cutter, CB swiss dots

* * * * *
This morning I was also greeted by the news that my friend Patty of http://www.paperpatty.blogspot.com had tagged me in a round of blogger tag. This was a tag I hadn't done before, so here goes:
1) Life 10 years ago: I either have a bad memory, or maybe this just wasn't that memorable of a year! All I can think is that I was living and working in Bend, Oregon, I was broke and looking for a better job and I'm pretty sure I attended my first Stampin Up party that year, which didn't help my budget :)
2) 5 things on today's 'to-do' list: Laundry, vacuuming, finding a birthday present for my soon-to-be 10-year-old niece, a Target run, and stamping!
3) Snacks that I enjoy: I like both sweet and salty snacks. For salty, almonds or cashews, popcorn or some kind of chips. For sweet, anything chocolate! And since it's warm right now I'm eating a lot of ice cream and other frozen treats.
4) Things I would do if I were a millionaire: Depends on if it was just a $1 million or multiple millions! I think I would move back to the Pacific Northwest, take my mom and sister on a trip to Hawaii, travel to Europe again and spend some time giving back to my community through volunteer work and financial contributions.
5) Places I have lived: Oregon (three different cities); Indiana (two cities), California (three cities) and Salzburg, Austria, during a 10-month study abroad program in college.

No comments: