Thursday, June 5, 2008

I cannot go to school today ...

One of my favorite poets is Shel Silverstein. When I was in fourth or fifth grade, we had to memorize poems, and everyone wanted to use poems from "Where the sidewalk ends." I still remember the first few lines of "Sick" as a result. I love that poem! So when Melinda issued a mini VSN challenge to use your favorite poem as inspiration for a card, I immediately thought of "Sick." Coincidentally, I needed to make a get well card - so Voila! This card was born! I love this patterned paper - it was a scrap so I can't remember who makes it - so the paper inspired the color combination. I also used my Spica gold glitter pen to add some highlights to the stamped flowers. It's hard to see in the picture but it's quite glittery in real life. The first mini VSN challenges are still underway, so please feel free to play! You can find more information HERE!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous flowers, sincere salutations
Ink: pomegranate, saffron, eggplant
Paper: pomegranate, saffron, eggplant, DP unknown, neenah classic crest solar white
Accessories: ribbon, dew drops, spica glitter pen, ticket punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to get Shel's books down off of the shelves ... what a great memory ... and wonderful insired card.