Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weekend sketches

I spent some time stamping this weekend; I'm trying to get back into my stamping routine and build up my stash again! I have a list of cards to make for thank yous and for upcoming birthdays and other events. And then there are those things you need a card for at the last minute! Anyway, I tried a couple of sketch challenges this weekend, just to get me going. The first card is for Taylored Expressions' weekly sketch challenge. I inked the image in pretty in pink, then rolled it heavily in pomegranate, and rolled it again, just on the edges, in chocolate chip.
Supplies:
Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: pomegranate, pretty in pink, whisper white, Berry bliss DP
Ink: pomegranate, pink, chocolate chip
Accessories: HP hardware, dew drops, chocolate satin ribbon
The second card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. This was a fun sketch - I love the oval piece! I decided to try using up scraps of DP for this one, and pulled out this Crate Paper from the birdie collection. I love the colors in that one.
Supplies:
Stamps: All holidays
Ink: cool carribean
Paper: cool carribean, certainly celery, whisper white, non SU coral, Crate DP
Accessories: CM Oval cutter, primas, brad, ribbon

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

I like the pink card with the dew drops creating the centre of the flower. Joan