Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fashion weekend


This weekend was VSN Fashion Weekend on SCS! We've been planning it for about two months and I have been busy stamping to get ready, but I couldn't share any of it until now! We had a good turnout and lots of creative entries for all the fashion-themed challenges! If you get a chance, visit the Splitcoast gallery and check out all the entries.
We opened the show Friday night with an inspiration challenge using this wild dress from the runway that looked a bit like a peacock or parrot with its bright colors and feathers. So I pulled out my Word Window punch and made a Rainbow-colored peacock similar to the Thanksgiving turkeys I'd seen before. The sentiment seemed appropriate for this crazy card!
Supplies:
Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: basic black, whisper white, tempting turquoise, bold brights
Accessories: rainbow organdy ribbon, word window punch, googly eyes, marker for legs

The second challenge was to use "thread" on your card. I don't sew AT ALL! So I pulled out some Daisy D's rub-on tape that is designed to look like stitching. I also added some real thread to the button center. I don't like naked buttons! The sketch is courtesy of Taylored Expressions, who posted one like this a few days ago on her blog! Thanks Taylor, for the inspiration!
Supplies:
Stamps: Short and sweet
Ink: black stazon
Paper: turquoise, white, only orange, pixie pink, Making Memories DP
Accessories: primas, button, eyelets, thread, ribbon, Daisy D's rub-on tape.

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

This peacock is FAN....TASTIC. I am SO going to case this. He is too cute. Joan

JenMarie said...

WOWSERS ~ Love your peacock!!

Corie said...

Oh my I just LOVE these bright colors!!