Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweetheart challenges

Last month I shared the first of four challenges I participated in with some friends I made during a previous VSN. We were known as the Sweethearts, and it's now been a year since we met and developed our friendship, which continues today! I feel very lucky to have them in my life. We decided to celebrate the anniversary of our meeting with a few challenges. Here are the other three cards I made for those challenges! The first card was designed around an inspiration piece from Mrs. Fields, since Joni Fields (jstarbright) was our ringleader! I made a tall card, traditional business envelope-sized, out of chocolate chip paper. I then added a layer of vanilla and another layer of chocolate chip - spritzed with gold iridescent glimmer mist fo sparkle. The stack of presents was made with Au Chocolat DP. I finished the card with some pomegranate satin ribbon and a sentiment.
Supplies

Stamps: Short and Sweet

Paper: chocolate chip, vanilla, Au Chocolat (retired SU)

Ink: Pomegranate
Accessories: Glimmer Mist, pomegranate ribbon, ticket punch



The challenge for this card was to make a card for a Sweetheart who might need some cheering up! I love this little bird image from Very Punny, and I paired it with some goodies I received from one of the Sweethearts in a RAK - this pretty DP from Making Memories and those cool Heidi Swapp ghost flowers.

Supplies:

Stamps: Very Punny

Paper: Close to cocoa, cool caribbean, close to cocoa, whisper white, pretty in pink, MM Boho Chic

Ink: pink, caribbean, basic brown, soft sky

Accessories: ghost flower, Prima jewel flower, bazzill brad, blender pen (for watercoloring), CM Circle Cutter

And the last challenge was to make a some kind of wrapper or container to hold chocolate! We sweethearts love our chocolate! I have had a package of die-cut white paper boxes from Stampendous in my stash for ages. I thought this was the perfect challenge to use one. I love this pyramid box and it comes together so easily! The chipboard star was sprayed with Frosty Nights Glimmer Mist. I embossed two tiny Queen and Co. star sequins with silver craft ink and EP, then attached them with glue dots. I also lightly sprayed the entire box with the Glimmer Mist. I filled it with Hershey Kisses -yum!

Supplies:

Stamps: Stars and swirls

Ink: blue bayou, soft sky, silver craft (colorbox)

Accessories: die-cut box, chipboard star, eyelet, Frosty Nights Glimmer Mist, Queen and Co. sequins

1 comment:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Wow! These are incredible creations! Who's gettin' the chocolate? LOL!