Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday morning stamping

It's been a long weekend! I seem to have caught a cold bug, so Friday night and Saturday I was not feeling well at all, which was a problem since I have so much holiday stuff still left to do. I had a schedule in my mind of what I needed to get done each day, between now and Thursday, when I leave to go home for the holidays. Spending half the day on the couch yesterday did not do well for this schedule. So I did as another blogger advised recently and crossed something off my list. The matchbook albums I'd hoped to put together are not going to happen. It's a small thing, but it felt good to cross it off, and it's OK that I did! Is there something you can cross off your list?
I was worried I might have to cross this paint can off my list, too, but it came together so quickly, I charged forward with it anyhow. It's my last challenge for the December mini VSN on SCS. The deadline to upload projects for the VSN is Wednesday night. But this weekend was my last chance. The challenge was to alter a paint can, preferably one that could be used for pampering. Well, my paint can is going to be used for pampering a stamper. It's getting sent to a fellow stamper after the New Year, and I plan to fill it with some fun stamping goodies before I stick it in the mail.
The My Mind's Eye Magnolia collection was the basis for this card; I used a sheet of the paper from the Costco pack and some coordinating rub-ons I found at Paper Zone on clearance. The tag was inspired by Tim Holtz' 12 tags of Christmas and by BadSherry's demo on distressing she posted on her blog yesterday. I sponged basic brown and pretty in pink all around the tag after it was all completed. The primas are layered on top and held together with a big brad from Karen Foster.
Other supply details:
Stamps: fabulous flowers (SU)
Ink: turquoise, pink passion, pixie pink, basic brown, pretty in pink
Accessories: MME rub-ons, tag, SU chocolate satin ribbon, primas, brad

No comments: