Thursday, December 27, 2007

Card tins

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I had a great visit with my family in Oregon, where we actually had snow on Christmas Day while we were opening our packages. It was the first snow to fall on Christmas Day in my town since 1990! It didn't stick, but that didn't matter; my sister and I still ran outside to dance around in it! Anyway, now that all the gifts have been given, I can share some of the things I've been working on all December long. Today I'll start with card tins! I made two card tins; the first one was for my mom. I filled hers with a dozen cards for different occasions to get her started. The patterned paper is Karen Foster (if I remember correctly); I also used shimmery white, so saffron and retired vintage violet for the sentiment on the front. I also used my yummy SU pomegranate satin ribbon that I got on the buy one get one free special. I added a few miscellaneous ribbons to the handle and finished the tin off with some primas and rhinestone brads. I spritzed the primas with some glimmer mist before attaching them - a great idea I got from Splitcoast that adds a lot of shimmer. I made a matching set of tabbed dividers for the inside using my SU round tab punch.
The second tin was for my sister; she's a stamper too so I didn't include cards for her, just dividers for the different occasions. I used stamps from Happy Everything, Noteworthy and Short and Sweet to make the labels on the dividers. Her patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye's Costco collection. I also used blue bayou, certainly celery and shimmery white. I added a wide grosgrain ribbon from Jody Morrow's ribbon shares and other miscellaneous ribbons to the handles. I finished this tin with primas and sparkly brads. These were a big hit and really didn't take a lot of time!

No comments: