Friday, November 23, 2007

Peace to the world

Tomorrow is Craft Day at my boss's house! A bunch of us crafty types are going to get together to work on our holiday craft projects. I think I am the only papercrafter in the bunch - there are a couple of knitters and beaders, and I'm not sure what all else. We're going to craft the afternoon away over drinks and snacks. It should be fun! I needed to come up with a couple of projects I could work on without taking my entire craft closet with me. So I cut cardstock for about 15 of these Christmas cards. I need to make 25-30 more cards, so this will get me about halfway there. Besides, after about 15 cards all alike, I get bored and need to switch it up a bit. I'm taking another project, too, but I'll probably have to wait until after the holidays to share that one.
The stamp set for this card is Stampin Up's Peace to the World. It is the only new holiday set that really spoke to me this year. (I might be the only one; it hasn't proved to be a very popular set on SCS!) I'm a sucker for holiday messages of peace - I have no greater wish for my family and friends than peace in their homes, their lives, their communities, and especially the world. The set arrived a few weeks ago, and I played around with it quite a bit, but struggled to come up with a card design I liked and felt was Christmas-y enough. This is not the design or color scheme I had in my head! But since I was struggling, I fell back on my favorite, tried-and-true color scheme - blue and silver. I've been making my own holiday cards for about 8-9 years now, and I think for at least half of those years, my cards were some variation of blue and silver. I like it, it's pretty, and it works for me!
The card base is brushed silver, with a layer of night of navy over the top. The NON is ticket corner-punched, and the star image is stamped in Colorbox silver ink. I tied a silvery-gray organdy ribbon around the NON layer also. The main image was inked in NON and stamped on whisper white cardstock, with the sentiment stamped in bordering blue. I layered that image on bordering blue and NON, then adhered it to the card base using dimensionals.

No comments: