Friday, October 5, 2007

The strange fascination continues

I swear that orchid opulence is NOT my favorite SU color. Orchid and glorious green are the two oddest, hardest-to-use colors in the entire collection, as far as I can tell. But I've had the orchid out this week, and I keep finding new ways to use it. This card was for Friday's limited supply challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use patterned paper and a sentiment, but no image stamps. So I pulled out my trusty Sage Advice - love the sentiments, and this one is big! Then I flipped through my My Mind's Eye paper stacks - the ones from Costco that are like 400 pages of lightweight patterned paper. Anyway, I found this sheet and thought it would make a pretty card. And since I happened to have the orchid cardstock out, and it matched, I started there. So the orchid card base is topped with a piece of Caribbean and then the patterned paper, which were all punched with the ticket corner punch. Then I added the piece of Martha Stewart twill (twill was the Thursday Ways to Use it Challenge), and the silver flower brads. The sentiment was stamped in Caribbean on whisper white, then layered on orchid and Caribbean cardstock, again ticket corner-punched. I finished the card with some primas and another brad.
That's all for tonight, it's late now and I'm headed to bed soon to rest up for World Cardmaking Day tomorrow. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm planning to stamp my heart out. Expect a couple of new posts tomorrow during the celebration.

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is so pretty!!