Saturday, October 27, 2007

Girls' scrapping weekend

Last weekend, during my vacation to the Northwest, I spent Thursday night-Sunday morning at a beautiful vacation home on the waters of the Puget Sound near Olympia, Washington. While it rained and stormed outside, 8 friends and I were holed up inside, mostly in our jammies or sweats, snacking, drinking and scrapbooking! A friend of mine from college - the one who got me started stamping and exposed me to Stampin Up - rents a house about once a year and invites all of her crafty friends for a girls' scrapbooking weekend. I've only been able to attend one other time, so I was so excited to be able to go this year. A couple of the girls are long-time friends of mine, and some of the others I've gotten to know over the years since we have a common friend and a common interest. We had a great time, watching chick flicks, eating chocolate, savoring the pomegranate martinis one of the girls brought, and best of all, scrapping! Everybody brought a bunch of scrap and stamp supplies and shared them, so we could try new tools or use sketch books we might not have at home. It was so much fun and over all, I'm very happy with the work I did during the weekend. Above are the 25 pages I completed, primarily on Friday and Saturday, which were our prime scrapping days. The only thing left to do is journaling on the computer for some of the pages, and the last two pages I made might need some additional embellishment. It was 1:30 a.m. and I was running out of steam! This is the most scrapbooking I've done in ages, and means I'm closer to finishing my 2005 and 2006 albums. I know it's not in vogue, but I'm a chronological scrapbooker. I can't help my type A self! I have a few favorite two-page spreads from the weekend, and the one above is among them. Some of the pictures I took to scrap were from the wake/party I attended over Memorial Day weekend 2006 to remember my honorary uncle who died of lung cancer two years ago. He didn't want a funeral or memorial, just a get-together where his family and friends could celebrate and enjoy each other. I used red, white and blue since the party was over the holiday weekend and because those were the colors in the table linens and decorations. The patterned paper is from Carolee's Creations; the diecuts are from My Mind's Eye's new confetti collection; the quote is from a DCWV quote stack; I used SU cardstock in navy and red to mat the photos and SU brads on the quote. It's a fairly simple spread, but I really like how it turned out.

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, you made ALL those layouts in that amount of time?? That's incredible! :)