Thursday, July 19, 2007

Artful gift

Earlier this month, I made these cards in an effort to embrace the white. So a few days ago, I needed to make a gift for a relative, and decided to work from the first four cards and make four more. So I made two each of the above design, again using Artfully Asian and Small Script from SU. The card on the left is cool Caribbean and tempting turquoise and the one on the right is cameo coral and blush blossom. The images are stamped on shimmery white and I watercolored using those inks and artichoke. I also used the ticket corner punch and the corner rounder to add distinctive touches to each card and finished them with ribbon.
This is a set of four of the finished cards. There are two of each design in the gift set, for a total of eight. This little challenge taught me you really can carry a theme through a whole set of cards while still mixing them up so you don't get bored making the same card over and over again. I am not good at mass production! Even when I make Christmas cards I tend to mix them up a little bit, changing colors or something!
I put the finished set of cards with envelopes in this cool paper box I picked up at Borders for $3.95. I didn't really plan it, but the colors in the box pattern are pretty much replicated on the cards inside. I tied the box closed with a piece of sparkly white organdy ribbon. The recipient of the gift was thrilled.

7 comments:

Heather P. said...

Love all those cards... They're simple, but gorgeous!

Heather P. said...

Michelle... Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you as a "Rockin' girl blogger"... Please check my blog for the deets. :)

kdj said...

Fabulous! The cards are great and totally dig the gift idea.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Artfully Asian is one of my favorite stamp sets. This is a great gift!

Corie said...

These are all soooooo beautiful.

Michele Kovack said...

These are simply gorgeous! WOW!

Jane said...

Love how elegant these cards look! Great job!

Jane