Monday, June 11, 2007

Scrap attack!

My stamp space has been feeling messy and cluttered, so the last couple of days I've been doing some cleaning and organizing so I can better use the stuff I have, especially my scraps! Plus I need to order some paper before the prices go up, so I figured I'd better find out what I have. Fortunately, I think I just need about six packages, plus white. I also put all my patterned paper scraps in a craft keeper so I can see and use them without them getting wrinkled or damaged. While I was at it, I made a few cards!
I made this one using scraps left over from a card tin I made for a friend to give her mom. It was my first officially commissioned piece of stamp art, and of course, I forgot to take a photo of it! But picture this, on a tin, and you'll get the idea. The card base is apricot appeal, with a strip of celery and patterned paper from Chatterbox's Scrapbook Walls collection. The image is stamped in apricot and celery, with the flower edges rock and rolled in bashful blue. The scrap that started this card was the punched out flower piece - I had punched out a few little flowers using this cute punch from the Target $1 spot, and this piece in bashful blue was left behind. Anyway, the flowers are covered in diamond stickles and I used SU grosgrain and my horizontal slot punch to tied the bow. The sentiment is an A Muse stamp I got half off. I love a good deal! The card is going to an SCSer's friend who is undergoing treatment for cancer.
I made this card for Beate's gate fold challenge using scraps left over from the altered letter I made for my friend's baby. I love this paper! It's Daisy D's and I think I bought it at a LSS. The card base is real red, and the image is layered on brocade blue and garden green. The elephant is stamped in brocade blue, with a real read and glorious green flower (I don't actually have any garden green ink!) And the sentiment is in real red. Of course the elephant had to have a googlie eye. The ribbon keeps the card closed. I think the card is a 5 inch square, but funny enough, I can't really remember!

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

These cards are great! I love that you used scraps!

Melinda McMillen said...

Adorable projects, Michelle. You always do such lovely work....