Sunday, June 10, 2007

Celebrations with patterned paper

I have some packages to get out in the mail tomorrow, and I thought I should get busy and make some cards to go with them! I tend to get in cardmaking rhythms, or ruts, I guess, and these two cards reflect my current vibe - patterned paper, my ticket corner punch (a must have!!!!) and top-folding vertical cards. Also unusual for me is a lack of ribbon on both of these cards. It's a crime against all the ribbon in my collection, but please don't turn me in! I'm trying something new.
This card is for my niece, Ali, who is turning 9 on Tuesday. She's getting a pink alligator because one of her nicknames is Ali-gator! The card base is pink passion; the patterned paper is from Creative Memories. The image is on whisper white layered over some pink magic mesh, which is layered on another piece of whisper white. The alligator from Wild About You was stamped in pretty in pink, then kissed onto linen inked with pink passion to give the gator some texture. The googlie eyes are just for fun. The sentiment is pink passion ink on white, which is layered on pretty in pink paper and popped up on a pop dot. The gift on the sentiment has diamond stickles on it.
This is my Dad's Father's Day card. I bought the SU set Classic Convertibles just for this stamp; my dad has a '55 Ford Thunderbird that he has been restoring pretty much my whole life. My challenge over the last 3-4 years has been to see how many different ways I can use the stamp. This card was inspired by the cool Paper Salon paper I found yesterday at a LSS about 90 minutes from here. If you're ever in San Dimas, Calif., I can highly recommend Scrappin Good Times on the Arrow Highway. The line from Paper Salon is called Haberdashery. The card base is true thyme and the car is inked in thyme on vanilla cardstock; I distressed the edges with my super cool Heidi Swapp edge distresser. The image is layered on a non-SU charcoal gray and then a layer of mellow moss. Eyelets are from Making Memories.
Tonight I'm trying to use up some scraps from the scrap pile; check in tomorrow see what I've come up with!

1 comment: