Monday, June 4, 2007

Fast and simple

I made a list the other night of all the cards I need over the next few weeks for graduation, Father's Day, birthdays and other occasions. It was long! So some fast and easy cards were in order! I made these two over the weekend. The top card is a graduation card for my cousin, who is off to Harvard in the fall! It is an over-sized card, about 5 x 7, I think. I started with the laser die-cut I found at the LSS. Many of our local scrapbook stores have custom papers and other embellishments for schools in our area. This made it much easier for me to design a grad card, especially since I have no grad stamps! The card base is black, with a layer of Bazzill gray attached with silver brads. I stamped itty bitty backgrounds in cranberry crisp on the gray, then added the sentiment from sincere salutations in black. With the pre-made cap as the focal piece, this card went together in a snap!
This card is also for my cousin; he turns 18 a week before his graduation. I struggle with masculine cards, especially for this kid, since he's not into the outdoors or cars, and those are the only masculine stamps I have. So I used a $1 stamp of the present in night of navy, old olive and cranberry crisp, and added a sentiment from All Year Cheer. The navy blue brads are from Making Memories. I also added some diamond Stickles to the spots on the presents. Hopefully sparkles aren't too girly!

1 comment:

Melinda McMillen said...

too cute!! i love it...fast and simple is great sometimes....