Monday, May 14, 2007

Simple scraps

Once I finally cut into this piece of Fancy Pants key lime pie paper, I decided I needed to use every last bit of it! Well, I am almost done, I think I have just one more piece left. About the same time I decided to use up the entire sheet before moving on to something else, Emily Giovanni posted a challenge to once a week, pull out an older sheet of patterned paper you've been hoarding, and use it all up! Thanks for the encouragement, Emily!
The card is very simple: I attached torn scraps -- alternating the two sides of the double-sided paper -- with silver brads from the Target $1 spot. They are not my favorite brads, but hey, they were $1! The patterned paper is layered on bashful blue stamped with linen BG in bashful blue. That is layered on a pretty in pink card base. The sentiment is a from a $1 Michael's clear set and I stamped it in Stazon Blazing Red, which really is closer to pink passion.
The card is going to an internet friend who is having a tough time right now. I hope it will brighten her day!

No comments: