Sunday, May 27, 2007

S is for Simon

One of the things I'll get to do on my vacation is attend the baptism of Simon, the four-month-old son of my college roommate, who remains one of my best friends. I bought Simon a cute surfing t-shirt from Carter's (he's gotta have a Cali shirt from Aunt Michelle :) ). But I also made him a couple of things, including this altered wooden letter S. It is my first altered letter. I bought the S from Michael's, painted it with manila Making Memories paint and covered it with some really cool Daisy Ds pattered paper. I modpodged over the paper, then added the Cosmo Cricket rub-ons before sealing the whole thing with acrylic sealer. I then added the buttons (tied with hemp twine) and the ribbons and twill -- the twill is from a LSS and reads "a boy is a joy." I also added the metal tag with jump rings. I hope it's not too girly!

No comments: