Monday, May 28, 2007

Mini matchbooks

I'm getting some quality baby fix while on my vacation -- my college roommate, who remains one of my best friends, had a baby boy in January, and I was able to time my trip so I could meet him and attend his baptism while I'm in the area. And my cousin, about 18 months younger than me and one of my best friends when I was a child (we were like peas and carrots, as the saying goes), had identical twin girls in February. I'm making a special trip to see them -- they live about 5 hours from where I'll be spending the rest of my vacation, but it's closer to there than my house in California.
Anyway, I made gifts for the babies and I wanted to make some gift cards to go with them. They got congratulatory cards in the mail, so these could just be gift enclosures. Then I got the idea to make mini matchbook cards using scraps of paper I have sitting in my stash. The girls' cards are pretty in pink and certainly celery cardstock, scraps of Fancy Pants Key Lime Pie paper covered by polka dot vellum, and the baby stamp from Riveting. The boy card is bashful blue cardstock, some unknown patterned paper covered by plain vellum, and the same baby stamp, and brads on one side to hold the vellum. The ribbon is also scraps -- the polka dots are dots and dashes from Michael's and the pink stitched is May Arts from a LSS. The size is about 3.5 inches square when completed; I think I started with paper 3.5 by 7.5, then score at 3.5 and 7 inches to get the matchbook fold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are sooo cute! TFS