Friday, May 4, 2007

Look what I made!

These are the projects I made at SoCal StampMania last weekend. I had never been to a shoebox swap before, so I really didn't know what to expect. I can tell you, all the projects were fun to make, and nearly every one of them provided an idea or inspiration for future projects, which is one of the things that makes stamping with other people so cool! The group includes seven cards, a small genie bag, a tealight holder, a card folder to hold cards, and my favorite project, a magnetic coaster clipboard.
Isn't this the cutest thing you have ever seen? The project was designed by debbiejjackson on SCS. She used the petals and paisleys designer paper and a the polka dots and paisley stamp set from SU's spring mini catalog. (I hope I have those names right; I'm not a demonstrator and don't always remember them correctly!) It was a pretty simple project to stamp and assemble, but I love the finished product. It is hanging on my fridge right now, and I NEVER put stuff on my fridge! Thanks, Debbie, for the fun project!
The other thing we made was a make and take designed by Emily (Waterpixie on SCS). She designed a project around the event roster - inside this spiral book is a page for each person's contact information for all the attendees so we can send RAKs or keep in touch. We decorated chipboard coasters using the crayon resist technique, then assembled them with the Bind-it-all. I'm not a very good binder - the cut on my cover is a little crooked, and I needed two coils because I bent the first one wrong, LOL - but this is a fun little tool! You could make a ll kinds of things with it at home. I may have to add it to my (very long) crafting wish list!




No comments: