Monday, April 23, 2007

Getting ready


So I am going to my first-ever shoebox swap this weekend, and I picked a huge one for my first time! I am going to the fourth annual SoCal StampMania in Long Beach, where more than 100 stampers, including some of SCS's biggest names (think Jenn Balcer, Jami, 11Valerie11, Showmestamper, etc.) will be in attendance for an afternoon of stamping fun. I was nervous about going, since I'm an introvert at heart, but one of the nicest SCSers around, MamaKim, offered to let me carpool with her and her friends. That should make it much easier on me! So one of the things we have to take with us is a nametag with our real name and SCS user name. I modified a luggage tag I made for VSN in March by adding a Tim Holtz metal circle medallion wiht another flower and sticker alphabet letters spelling out my SCS name. I used my cropadile (love that thing!!!) to punch a hole in the metal circle and tied ribbon to attach it to the luggage tag. I'm recycling a lanyard so I can wear the whole thing around my neck! If any of my blog readers are attending SCSM, come say hi! I can't wait to meet you.

No comments: