Sunday, November 18, 2007

Girly girls!

I did a little impulse shopping a few days ago at Eclectic Paperie, and my order arrived Saturday! I had to play with the new stuff right away, of course, so I stamped a few images of this new Girly Girl stamp from Inky Antics and got to work last night. I love champagne, and thought this stamp and sentiment were just fabulous! The first card was made using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The base is chocolate chip, with layers of blush blossom and very vanilla, each ticket corner-punched. I lightly spritzed the blush and vanilla layers with my new bottle of iridescent gold Glimmer Mist (another EP purchase) but you can't really see it in the photo. This was my first time using Glimmer Mist and I think I will need some practice! I think my biggest pet peeve about it right now is that it curls the paper. But I love the overall effect, and it shows up even better on darker paper. Anyway, back to the card - I stamped the sentiment on the base layer, then added the vertical strip and the image, which was cut out using my Creative Memories circle cutting system. I colored a little bit of the image with my blush blossom marker, and added diamond stickles to the champagne and its bubbles. I finished the card with a bit of chocolate organdy ribbon.
The second card is actually the idea that first popped in my head when the stamps arrived. The image is stamped on shimmery vanilla cardstock from PaperZone. I paper-pieced the skirt using my retired SU Au Chocolat paper (love that stuff!) and again added diamond Stickles to the champagne. The card base is chocolate chip with a layer of vanilla and more Au Chocolat (the reverse of the pattern from the skirt). I used the same chocolate organdy ribbon to finish the card off.

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

Such elegant cards, love the papers and that stamp is gorgeous

Corie said...

These cards are just GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Those cards are adorable! Love the image.
Hugs and smiles