Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fabulous Z-fold

Because of my trip to the Northwest, I've been out of the challenge loop for a couple of weeks. I couldn't wait to get back to Beate's challenge this weekend! I used her Z-fold layout in my first attempt with Fabulous Flowers. Can you believe I JUST got my first order from the new SU catalog? I am in love with pomegranate and with this set. I'm showing two versions of the card, one opened and one closed -though it's hard to tell much difference, since the card doesn't like to stay closed. This was a duel challenge for me; I also made it to meet the requirements of one of the mini-VSN challenges on SCS. The next Virtual Stamp Night is not until January, so to tide us over, the VSN coordinators this round have put together three mini-VSNs. Each night will offer four challenges, all at once, with no time limits and two weeks to create and upload, all relaxations of the traditional VSN rules. Stay tuned because I'm hosting one of the challenges in November and I can't wait!
For my card, I started with the Z-fold card base in shimmery white, then stamped the large flower three times in pomegranate, pixie pink and pink passion, then cut out each one, layering the smaller, lighter colors. The center is a pink rhinestone brad from Target. I stamped the sentiment and the small flowers from the set in pretty in pink, positively pink (retired), pixie pink, pink passion and pomegranate. I added some diamond stickles and silver brads for even more sparkle, and finished the card with white organdy ribbon, silver cord and snipped of sparkly pink May Arts ribbon from a Jody Morrow share. It is super pink and super sparkly, but fun!

5 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card, love the flower its fab

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that flower! Great Z-fold!
Hugs and smiles

barb said...

Love this card! I have been wanting to try the Z-fold with this set and you have definitely inspired me!! TFS

Heather P. said...

Oh wow! Such a pretty card!

Joy said...

Very cool. That bling is definitely the perfect touch!