Sunday, December 16, 2012

Raise a Little Cane

Today I have for you a little holiday project I worked on a few weeks ago. I made some of these last year for friends and family, and my mom asked me to make a few this year so she could give them out as favors at a holiday luncheon. I found the old fashioned candy sticks at Trader Joe's last year and then hit a really good sale - boxes of 24 sticks for just 99 cents! - after Christmas and stocked up on a few more. The sticks are in assorted flavors, including mint, cinnamon, caramel, orange and other fruit flavors. I didn't see them this year, though. Anyway, the boxes are basically a modified pencil box from a 5 by 5 inch piece of paper. After I scored, folded and adhered the boxes, I wrapped a band around the center and attached the tags. The sentiment is from a bunny set from The Cat's Pajamas, and the peppermint candy image is from TCP's Jolly Holiday set - that set is so versatile, I'm so glad I picked it up last year! I'm trying to use up old Christmas papers this year, so I made all of these boxes out of Basic Grey Dasher papers. You can get four boxes out of one 12x12 sheet. The scraps are perfect for the bands around the center. That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic marker
Cardstock: Basic Grey Dasher, neenah white
Accessories: Taylored Expressions label die, twine, circle punch, glossy accents

No comments: